Bilingual Shift Lead (2nd shift)
Position: Shift lead (2nd shift)
Supervisor: 2nd shift supervisor
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: $15.00/hr – $18.00/hr
UW Provision Company, Inc. is seeking warehouse workers. UW Provision is a family-owned, regional distributor of meat products since 1958 and is in Middleton, WI. We are looking for a shift lead that will assist the 2nd shift supervisor in daily duties. This position carries out responsibilities in the shipping and receiving department. We are looking for someone who is motivated, highly organized and liked to work in a team environment. If interested, please call 608-836-7421.
- Loading outgoing trucks properly
- Unloading incoming trucks properly
- Completing paperwork accurately and completely
- Learning inventory and product codes
- Assembling orders
- Using pallet jacks to move boxes of products
- Keeping coolers clean and organized
- To schedule work as much as possible during down time.
- To work with USDA inspector regarding issues and complete work on a timely basis.
- To maintain inventory of repair parts- lighting, processing equipment, shipping equipment and tools.
- To record plant temperatures daily.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of educations, experience and training.
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, collaborate and lead.
- Highly organized with a record of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Proficient in Spanish (Required)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company.
- Must regularly use hands to finger/feel, reach with hands/arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and bend;
- Must occasionally lift weight up to 100 pounds; must often work in extremely cold environments.
This job operates in warehouse freezers and coolers, production areas, outside and office/attic spaces. This role routinely uses equipment with moving mechanical parts.
Note: changes in equipment, methods of operation, products, and other factors may necessitate changes in job goals and responsibilities. Job descriptions should be updated as changes occur in jobs. Employees may request a review of their job and updating of their job description.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
UW Provision is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have any questions, please call (608) 836-7400.