UW Provision is a family-owned company that specializes in meat distribution in Middleton and Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. The Credit/Collections Manager is responsible for developing and administrating credit and collection programs. This position is responsible for oversight and investigation of credit risk in customers and advice on course of action for credit applications, and for monitoring and negotiating on the collection of overdue accounts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience with accounts receivable practices and procedures focusing on credit review, collections and legal options.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – verbal and written – with customers, sales staff, management, delivery drivers, attorneys, etc.
- Exceptional negotiation and conflict management skills
- Proficient computer and math skills as well as high attention to detail and accuracy
- One year experience supervising AR staff
- Ability to read and analyze basic problems and make business decisions
- High level of stress tolerance, persistence, and tenacity while remaining focused
- Knowledge and experience with general accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date accounts receivable system that is standardized and accessible by others, in order to achieve customer follow-up, collection activities, and allocation of payments
- Investigate customer questions, concerns, and discrepancies and communicate with them effectively in person, by phone, mail, email, fax, etc.
- Document discussions with customers, sales staff, management, and drivers regarding credit and collection issues
- Monitor and resolve customer accounts with non-payment status, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files that include both past and current activity
- Develop policies, procedures, and reports that support the accounts receivable goals and objectives
- Coordinate activities with office staff, including processing deposits and adjustments to customers’ accounts
- Develop effective credit application, credit terms, and NSF policies
- Conduct periodic review of all credit and collection procedures
- Supervision of assistant, delegation of duties to the assistant, and ongoing training, coaching, and evaluation of the assistant
- 5 + year’s in accounts receivable (credit and collections)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or appropriate work experience or certification
- Proficient is MS Office and accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
UW Provision is an Equal Opportunity Employer