Retail Assistant Manager
UW Provision Company, Inc. is seeking a retail assistant manager! UW Provision is a family-owned, regional distributor of meat products since 1958 and is located in Middleton, Wisconsin. The retail assistant manager is responsible for the daily operations of our retail stores: The Meat Market in Middleton and Local Source Foods in Sun Prairie. This is a full-time position that may require working at both retail store locations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consistently create a welcoming environment for customers by greeting and assisting them as well as quickly responding to their inquiries and needs
- Assist customers in locating products in the store and explaining the products
- Ensure store is a clean environment and properly stocked
- Demonstrate desired behaviors including, but not limited to customer engagement, driving sales and company profitability, and handling difficult and/or complicated matters
- Regularly communicate with the retail stores manager
- Other duties as assigned by the retail stores manager
- Ensure cash handling procedures are properly completed
- Responsible for enforcing existing and updated company policies
- Responsible for training new hires and existing employees
- Must have an outgoing personality
- Demonstrates strong listening skills as well as written and oral communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working in a retail environment with a Point-of-Sale system is preferred
- Cash handling experience is preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a supervisory and/or managerial role
- High school diploma/GED
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate with confidence to both internal and external customers
- Previous experience in retail store environment is preferred
UW Provision is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please fill out the application form below.
If you have any questions, please call (608) 836-7400.