Apricot & Fennel Grilled Pork Chops
Toasting and grinding your own spices for a flavorful rub is the quickest and easiest way to add flavor to grilled pork chops! The fruity apricots balance the ground coriander and fennel seeds beautifully in this delicious dinner recipe. Serve the grilled pork chops with a simple tossed salad and some roasted sweet potatoes for a well-rounded meal.
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 thinly cut bone-in pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 8 firm-ripe apricots or 4 nectarines, halved and pitted
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Toast coriander and fennel seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Coarsely grind seeds in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Transfer ground seeds to a small bowl and stir in oil, brown sugar, salt. and pepper. Then, coat both sides of the pork chops with the mixture.
- Oil the grill rack. Then, grill the pork chops for 2 to 3 minutes per side until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part without touching bone registers 145°F.
- Grill the apricots (or nectarines) on the coolest part of the grill while turning occasionally until tender or for about 4 minutes total.
- Transfer the pork chops and fruit to a serving dish and let them rest for 5 minutes. Top the grilled pork chops and fruit with feta cheese and mint, then serve!