Bacon Burger-Style Hot Dogs
Introducing the bacon burger-style hot dog: A classic bacon cheeseburger in the shape of a hot dog. This ingenuity will wow your tailgate guests; not only by how delicious the bacon burger-dogs are, but also how easy they are to make! Simply, add bacon, cheese, and jalapenos to the ground beef; form into hot dog shaped patties, wrap in more bacon; and grill. Then, place them in a hot dog bun to serve and you’ve got yourself an amazing bacon burger…or is a hot dog? You decide!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 18 strips of uncooked bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 4 hot dog buns
- Preheat grill.
- While the grill is preheating, mix ground beef, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl. Then, set aside.
- Cook 10 strips of bacon according to the package directions. Allow the bacon to slightly cool, then coarsely chop.
- In another medium bowl, gently toss the cooked bacon pieces with jalapenos and cheese. Then, set aside.
- Divide burger meat into fourths, then roll each fourth between two pieces of plastic wrap to a 6-inch by 4-inch rectangle.
- Place a fourth of the cooked bacon, jalapeno, and cheese filling down the middle of each rectangle. Roll and seal burger into hot dog shape.
- Wrap each burger dog with two strips of uncooked bacon from end to end, then secure with a toothpick.
- Place burger dogs on a medium-hot grill and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes with the lid closed, turning every 2-3 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove burger dogs from the grill, place in hot dog buns, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total: 35-40 minutes
- Yield: 4 quarter pound burger dogs (4 servings)