BBQ Beef Ribs
10.04.2019 Recommended Recipes
Are you looking for something new to spice up your tailgate parties? We’ve got the perfect recipe for you! BBQ beef ribs are great on the grill, whether you’re outside the stadium or in your backyard. We recommend you cook these BBQ beef ribs using the indirect grilling strategy, so that the ribs will be evenly cooked and less likely to burn. To indirectly grill, place the ribs near the heat’s edge instead of placing them directly over the heat. Although this grilling method may take more time, the delicious flavor of the BBQ beef ribs will be worth it!
- 4 to 5 pounds of beef back ribs (about 10 ribs)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 – 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Gather the ingredients.
- Trim excess fat from beef ribs.
- Combine salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Rib mix over the ribs.
- Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling with a drip pan.
- Place ribs on grill over drip pan and close the lid.
- Cook for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours over a medium low, indirect heat. Try to keep the temperature under 265°F.
- Prepare sauce by combining onion, honey, ketchup, chili peppers, garlic, and mustard in a saucepan.
- Heat over a medium-low temperature, stirring until even and warmed.
- When the ribs are nearly finished cooking, brush the sauce on until a thick coating forms.
- Once cooked the ribs are thoroughly cooked, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into individual ribs.
- Make a little extra sauce to serve on the side, then enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 hours and 30 minutes
- Total: 3 hours and 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings