Beer & Butter Thanksgiving Turkey
11.15.2019 Recommended Recipes
It’s almost turkey time! In celebration of Thanksgiving being less than two weeks away, we’re sharing our recommended recipe for beer and butter turkey. With its crispy, golden skin and juicy, flavorful meat, this turkey is sure to become a Thanksgiving classic in your home!
Before you begin cooking, allow plenty of time for the turkey to thaw by letting it rest in the refrigerator for 4-5 days before you plan to roast your turkey. If you’re short on time, you can also thaw your turkey in the sink with cold water. Change the water every 30 minutes until the turkey is thaw which will take 30 minutes per pound.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup beer or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 lb. turkey, completely thawed
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Stir in the beer, salt, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Bring the sauce mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Fill a culinary injector with the sauce and inject the turkey in several spots. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the outside of the turkey; this helps make the skin golden brown.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan and cook at 325°F for 4 hours or until the meat thermometer inserted in the turkey breast reads 165°F.
- Remove the turkey from oven and let rest 20-30 minutes before carving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Storage: Cool the turkey completely and place in a plastic bag or freezer safe container. Freeze for up to 4 months.