Cheddar Cheeseburger Meatloaf
03.27.2020 Recommended Recipes
If you’re looking for a new recipe to try during this quarantine period, look no further! This cheddar cheeseburger meatloaf recipe is a fun and tasty spin on the classic meatloaf dish. Cheddar cheeseburger meatloaf is a great entrée to meal prep with mashed potatoes, green beans, or whatever sides you’d like. This meatloaf-cheeseburger hybrid is a comfort food your taste buds will love and never get tired of as you can experiment with different types of cheese!
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt. In a separate small bowl, lightly whisk the egg.
- Finely mince the onion. Roughly chop the cheddar cheese so that it is in pieces about the same size as a small bean.
- Add the ground beef, seasoned breadcrumbs, whisked egg, minced onion, and chopped cheddar into a bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together until incorporated.
- Place the meat mixture in a casserole dish or on a rimmed baking sheet and shape into a rectangle, approximately 7 inches long, 4 inches wide, and 1.5 inches thick.
- To make the glaze, stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Spread the glaze over the unbaked meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Remove the meatloaf from the oven, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then slice into eight pieces, and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- Servings: 4 (2 slices each)