Grilled Barbecue Chicken
06.05.2020 Recommended Recipes
Grilled chicken is a rite of passage for summer cooking – it works for both a big barbecue blowout and a simple weeknight dinner! Marked by the grill and turned a beautiful caramel color, the very best grilled chicken breast promises to be juicy and tender.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (4 to 5 pounds), skin removed
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the chicken breast. Then, cover and refrigerate 1/3 cup for basting.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag and add the remaining marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour while turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- Over indirect medium heat, grill the chicken breasts for 20 minutes in a covered grill. After the 20 minutes, turn the chicken breasts over.
- Then, grill the chicken breasts for 15-25 minutes longer or until their juices run clear while basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Marinade Time: 1+ hour
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings