Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
02.28.2020 Recommended Recipes
We’ve officially reached that point in winter when the bitter wind is impossible to ignore and everyone around us seems to be sick. Fortunately, we have a solution to both of these problems: chicken noodle soup. Without a doubt, chicken noodle soup is the ultimate winter comfort food because it warms your bones, fills your tummy, and soothes your sore throat.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 pound boneless & skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper, freshly ground
- 32 oz. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup egg noodles
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots and cook for about 6 minutes until softened.
- Then, add garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Move vegetables to one side of the pot and then add chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook it for 6 to 8 minutes until no pink remains.
- Add stock and 1/2 cup of water, and bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook according to the package’s instructions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add parsley and serve!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings