Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
We’ve officially reached that point in winter when the bitter wind is impossible to ignore and everyone around us seems to be sick. Fortunately, we have a solution to both of these problems: chicken noodle soup. Without a doubt, chicken noodle soup is the ultimate winter comfort food because it warms your bones, fills your tummy, and soothes your sore throat.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 pound boneless & skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper, freshly ground
- 32 oz. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup egg noodles
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots and cook for about 6 minutes until softened.
- Then, add garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Move vegetables to one side of the pot and then add chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook it for 6 to 8 minutes until no pink remains.
- Add stock and 1/2 cup of water, and bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook according to the package’s instructions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add parsley and serve!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings