Honey Garlic Steak Bites
We are big fans of this Honey Garlic Steak Bite recipe from Diethood that really brings out the flavor and juices of the sirloin. for the full recipe click here.
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water, (or broth)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil, (you can also use extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, (you can also use white vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- sliced green onions, for garnish
Cut up the steak into 1/2-inch to 1-inch cubes.
Season with paprika, salt, and pepper; set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine soy sauce, water, garlic, honey, sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, oregano, and cornstarch; whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Add 1/2 of the steak cubes to the hot oil and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until browned and done. Remove from skillet and repeat with the rest of the steak cubes, adding extra oil as needed.
Remove all steak bites from the skillet and set aside.
Give the previously prepared honey garlic sauce a good stir with a whisk and pour 1/3 of the sauce into the hot skillet; scrape up the browned pieces from the bottom of the pan.
Add the steak bites back to the skillet and pour the rest of the sauce over the steak; cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until sauce starts to thicken.
Remove from heat.
Transfer steak bites to a plate and drizzle with the pan sauce.
Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Prep: 5 Minutes
Cook: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes