Louisiana Crawfish Boil
12.30.2021 Recommended Recipes
Take advantage of this week’s seafood sale and pick up some whole crawfish to make this delicious recipe!
For the full recipe from This Ole Mom please click here!
- 6 gallons of water
- 1– 12 oz bottle of liquid crab boil
- 1/2 container of salt ( or salt to your liking)
- 1 large bag of powdered Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil, or 4– 16 oz. bags
- 25 – 28 lbs of live Crawfish
- 8 lemons, cut in half
- 6 onions, cut in half
- 6 heads of garlic
- 2 containers of mushrooms
- 3 pounds of sausage,cut into thirds
- 1 bag small red potatoes
- 8–12 ears of corn
- 1 bunch of celery, cut in pieces or whole
- 4 Bell Peppers, cut in half
- Optional: Cajun Seasoning to sprinkle over boiled crawfish
- In a large container or ice, chest rinse your live crawfish off and soak them for 2 or 3 minutes, drain and repeat until the water runs clear.
- Pour 6 gallons of water into a boiling pot with a strainer basket. Add 1- 12 oz bottle of liquid crab boil, 1/2 container of salt, and 4 smalls bags or 1 large bag of powdered Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil to the pot until boiling. Note- we use 4 16 oz. bags of seasoning for 25 lbs of crawfish. For a whole sack of crawfish 30-40 lbs use the entire large bag (4.5 lb ) and a 16 oz. bag of Louisiana Crawfish Shrimp & Crab Boil Seasoning and one container salt. You may want to add more vegetables if you’re cooking a whole sack of crawfish. Also, look for bags of small red potatoes in the netted bags and throw the whole bag into the pot.
- Add lemons, onions, garlic, bell peppers, and two containers of mushrooms. Bring to a boil for 7 minutes.
- Add sausage, celery, potatoes, corn on the cob (fresh or if frozen make sure corn’s defrosted) Cook on a low boil for 15 minutes then return to a full boil, next add the crawfish.
- Once you add the Crawfish to the boiling water, return the water to a boil. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Immediately after you turn the pot off add 1-2 bags of ice, let the crawfish soak for 15 minutes. After the crawfish soaks, remove the crawfish pulling the basket strainer out and pour onto a table layered with newspaper and dig in!
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes