Steak & Veggie Kabobs
Spend the last week of summer enjoying the sunshine and flavorful grilled kabobs with family! These delicious kabobs feature marinaded and tender top sirloin steak and five colorful vegetables.
- 1 cup red cooking wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 pounds top sirlion steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour half the marinade into a large resalable plastic bag. Add the steak and seal the bag, then turn to coat the steak.
- Cut all the vegetables except the tomatoes into 1 inch pieces. Place the remaining marinade in another plastic resealable bag. Add the vegetables and turn to coat.
- Place both bags in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade from the steak bag. Drain the marinade from the vegetable bag, but keep the marinade for basting when grilling.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the steak and vegetables.
- Coat the grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Then, heat the grill to medium heat at about 350°F.
- Place the kabobs on the grill over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until the steak reaches your desired doneness. Baste the kabobs with the reserved marinade and turn them about every 5 minutes, keeping the grill closed in between times.