Basil Infused Fruity Cocktails
Anyone else have tons of Basil growing in their garden right now? Basil is one of the easiest herbs to grow and is so packed with flavor, you can use it to spice up just about any dish. But have you ever had it in a cocktail? We’ve got a few of our summer favorites for you to try this weekend😊
Ingredients for one pitcher
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups vodka
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups simple syrup
- 3 cups ice
- 2 lemons sliced
- lemon wedge and basil for garnish
In a large pitcher, muddle the basil leaves lightly.
Add vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
Add lemon slices and ice.
Stir to combine. Pour into cups filled with ice and garnish with fresh basil and lemon slices.
Strawberry Basil Breeze
Ingredients for two drinks
- 6 strawberries
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp honey to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 ounces vodka or gin
- 2 splash club soda optional
Add the strawberries, basil, honey and lime juice to the bottom of a glass or shaker. Muddle the ingredients until combined.– Or add them into a blender, blend well, and strain.
Add mixture to a cocktail shaker along with vodka and ice. Shake until cold.
Pour into glass and top off the glass with club soda. Serve garnished with a fresh strawberry and basil leaf.
Pineapple Basil Smash
- 3 tablespoon diced pineapple
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup* -add basil to make it even more basily
- 2 oz Vodka
- 2 oz pineapple juice- I like to use the juice from the can
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- optional – soda water, bitters
- In a tall glass muddle 2 tablespoons of the diced pineapple with a few sliced basil leaves then add the simple syrup and stir.
- Fill glass with ice and the rest of the diced pineapple and sliced basil.
- In a cocktail shaker combine the rest of the cocktail ingredients and shake well then fill the glass adding more ice if needed. If you desire a drink with some fizz don’t fill the entire glass with the cocktail mixture and add an ounce or two of soda water.
- Garnish with fresh basil, a lemon slice, a pineapple leaf and a paper straw🥂