Beef Brisket Panini with Alabama Sauce
06.20.2023 Beef, Gourmet
This beef brisket panini with Alabama sauce is comfort food in every bite. Sandwiched between two toasted pieces of rustic sourdough bread, you will find a tangy sauce, gruyere and sharp cheddar, pickled jalapenos, and sliced brisket.
- 4 slices rustic sour dough bread 10″
- ¾ lb cooked beef brisket sliced ⅓ inch wide
- 6 slices Sharp Cheddar
- 3 ounces shredded gruyere
- 20 slices pickled jalapeno
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp course ground mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the panini press to 400 °F
Butter each piece of bread on one side and place the butter side down on waxed paper.4 slices rustic sour dough bread
Mix the ingredients for the Alabama sauce and spread it onto the bottom pieces of bread, splitting the sauce equally between the two sandwich slices.⅓ cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp cider vinegar, 1 tbsp course ground mustard, 1 tsp horseradish, 1 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp minced garlic, salt and pepper
Layer the cheddar cheese slices over the sauce6 slices Sharp Cheddar
Arrange the brisket on top of the cheddar slices¾ lb cooked beef brisket
Top the brisket with the pickled jalapeno slices20 slices pickled jalapeno
Layer the shredded gruyere on top of the jalapeno. Cover with the top piece of bread.3 ounces shredded gruyere
Place each sandwich onto the bottom plate of the panini maker. Close the lid. Cook 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove and cut each sandwich in half, making 4 servings or 2 sandwiches.
- Use your leftovers and imagination and add flavor combinations that you and your family love to make paninis your way.
- To make paninis with extra style, turn the panini’s 1/4 turn half way through cooking to make a diamond design on the bread.