Butter & Garlic Shrimp Pasta
02.09.2020 Recommended Recipes
Valentine’s Day is only five short days away! If you’re looking for a quick and easy dish to impress your date, look no further than this butter and garlic shrimp pasta. This recipe is simple yet flavorful and only takes 20 minutes to prepare!
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, freshly chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine pasta according to the package’s instructions. Once the pasta is fully cooked, drain it well.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes, then cook while frequently stirring until fragrant for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook while occasionally stirring until pink for about 2-3 minutes. Then, set the shrimp aside.
- Melt the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter in the skillet. Stir in pasta, arugula, and Parmesan cheese, then cook for about 2 minutes until the arugula begins to wilt. Afterwards, stir in the shrimp.
- Serve immediately and if desired, garnish with parsley.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes