Homemade Breakfast Sausage
09.20.2023 Apps & Sides, Gourmet, Pork
This homemade breakfast sausage is quick and convenient to make. The flavor is pure and flavorful, with no fillers or chemical additives.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 ts kosher salt
- ¾ ts black pepper freshly ground
- ⅔ tsp dried sage or 2 tsp fresh sage finely chopped
- ⅔ tsp dried thyme or 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
- ⅛ tsp dried ground rosemary or ½ tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp light brown sugar optional
In a small bowl, combine the spices. Mix well.1 ts kosher salt, ¾ ts black pepper, ⅔ tsp dried sage, ⅔ tsp dried thyme, ⅛ tsp dried ground rosemary, ⅛ tsp nutmeg, ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp light brown sugar
In a large bowl, add the ground pork. Flatten gently with your hand. Pour the spice mix evenly over the pork. Using the pincher method, gently pinch the spices into the pork, turning the bowl as you work. Ensure the spices are evenly mixed into the pork.1 pound ground pork sausage
Wrap the pork tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for six hours or overnight to allow the flavors to build in the pork.
Once the breakfast sausage has rested in the refrigerator, you can freeze it in bulk, make it into patties and freeze it, or use it in your favorite recipes.