Shrimp & Veggie Kabobs
Shrimp is not only an affordable crustacean, but it’s also the fastest-cooking protein you can throw on the grill! Grilled shrimp feels fancy, but it’s quick and easy to prepare on a busy weeknight. Shrimp can be flavored in a variety of ways, including the smokey flavor we all know and love from the grill. Plus, grilled shrimp can be served as the main dish or as an appetizer while the main grilled entrée rests – making these shrimp and veggie kabobs perfect for your Mother’s Day celebration!
For the Marinade
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
For the Kabobs
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails can be left on or off depending on your preference)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut, into 3/4 inch pieces
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the shrimp and vegetables in the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Thread the shrimp, bell peppers, and onions onto skewers.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium high heat.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until the shrimp are pink and opaque, and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinade Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings